Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Happy Valentines Day to you all!  I hope everyone's day has been wonderful!  Mine has been wonderfully mellow, thanks to my parents taking Wyatt to the rec center to swim and splash and have fun!  I took advantage of the me time and made myself a Valentines gift!  (But Red can take the credit) ;)  I used to love beading when I was a kid but haven't done any beadwork since I was probably 12 or 13 or so, and just last week I dug up my collection of beads that I had stashed in my shed.  I also found a cool bracelet kit out there, and decided why not make it!  And so I did!
 It was a lot of fun, and totally reignited my love of jewelery making!  So later last week, I decided to splurge a bit, and I bought some white freshwater pearls to make a necklace for myself! (But hardly a splurge, they were $7 at Walmart!)  So today, during my downtime I made myself this necklace!


I'm really excited to make more jewelery! I have a number of cool beads and stones and pendants from old necklaces that fell to disrepair or just could use some new life, and I'm excited to give them that new life!  I'm really thinking of making jewelery to sell on etsy or something similar, as it's relatively quick work and I have so many beads already (and therefore don't need to purchase much of anything to get going).  It's fun and satisfying work, and I'm so glad to be getting back into it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment