Friday, April 30, 2010

OMG I suck at blogging...

Nearly two whole months without a post? Really Julia? Oy! I am sorry! Don't let the lack of blog posts fool you, I have been quite busy with craft projects, or at least as busy as I can be when being a mommy to a two year old! (Ok, I admit, I could be spending a lot LESS time on the computer and a lot more time crafting, it's something I'm trying to work on and hopefully once the weather warms up and I can be in my shed, things will change...) Unfortunately, most of my projects are still Works In Progress... Ah, the dreaded WIP... I have a BEAUTIFUL baby blanket for my new niece Lucy, waiting to be finished (I won't post a photo of it here until I do finish it and send it to my brother and his family!). I have a hat on a loom to be completed for Kayla (my wonderful Mother-In-Law who was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer). I have a whole list of projects that actually haven't even started yet- Red's bivy sack (we ordered the fabrics for it from Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics, an excellent resource for all things outdoor fabric!), fixing his enormous stack of ripped jeans, crocheting a bag for my grandma, goodness I can't even think of the other projects without getting my list, but you get the picture... and yes, there are more, many, many more.

Some projects I've actually completed recently are- a loom-knit and crocheted market bag (SO cute! I'll post photos another time); a crocheted hat and monogrammed baby blanket for our good friends' Gayle and Ian's baby-to-be, Sydney; a crocheted cell phone pouch for my grandma; monogrammed towels and sheets for my friend Stacey's husband, who is currently in Afghanistan; I repaired my favorite pair of jeans with a little bit of darning stitch over a small hole which, if not darned, would have quickly turned into a very large hole; Also repaired two pairs of Red's jeans (it's a start, albeit a small one, on his enormous stack of holey jeans) and replaced several missing buttons on a shirt. Sadly, not much else comes to mind... I feel like there is more, but if so it escapes me right now!

I also have been dabbling in cake decoration, though not too much. Two times I baked cakes, I got horribly sick the next day, even though the second time I didn't so much as taste the batter... I'm sure it was coincidence and not actually food-related, but it was enough to turn me off the idea for a while. I did bake and decorate Wyatt's birthday cake, which I must say I think came out quite well and was very tasty! (patting self on back) We're getting ready to plant our garden and greenhouse, which I consider to be a crafty sort of thing, so I'll be posting about that more as the summer goes along (first of course it has to show up, but that's another story all together...)

No comments:

Post a Comment