Friday, February 20, 2009

Impatient for warmer weather...

I am definately getting impatient for warmer weather here. For obvious reasons of course (ahem, no more snow! Get me out of this house!), but for crafting reasons as well! This past fall, we purchased two 20 foot metal cargo containers (like these). One will be for storage and a place to park our atv, and the other one will be Red's workshop. Unfortunately we got snow before Red finished his workshop (he has framed out the inside and insulated it, and has it wired for 110 and 220 electricity, though it is not yet wired into our electric meter yet, and still needs to be sheeted and shelves and workbenches built), but come spring he will finish out the inside, which means he'll be able to move all his tools out of our big shed, and the shed will then become my sewing/craft shed! It's an 8'x10' shed, and it currently sits in our driveway, though I think we will have it moved up to the back of the yard across from where the shop is. We will also probably insulate and sheetrock the interior, and hopefully install a window or two, and wire it, and then it's all mine! After sheetrocking it the interior dimensions will be closer to 7.5'x9.5', and since it's a shed roof the back wall is not quite standing height (it almost is for me, not even close for Red!), so it poses some interesting design issues, but I have a thing for designing small spaces so I'm excited for the challenge! It will primarily be set up for sewing, though I hope to have enough workable surface space for most other types of crafting, minus anything that requires water (unless I do watery stuff outside with the hose!). I do have a nice sewing center cabinet, though I'm not sure if I'll use that in there, or build custom shelving/counter/table space. I can't wait for the snow to be gone so we can get a start on all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment