Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Knitting projects

Here are a few knitting projects I've done and/or am working on! I started knitting when I was a kid, I really don't remember how old I was or even who taught me (I am pretty sure it was a friend of my parents), but I love knitting, I just wish I had more patience with it (I'm all about instant gratification, so big projects like sweaters are a real challenge for me!). I'm a fan of hats knit in the round (Addi Turbos are the best needles ever), they're quick and fun and satisfying. My favorite hat yarn is Lambs Pride Bulky, it's warm and thick so it knits quickly, and it's soft enough to be comfortable on your forehead without needing a lining. Here's one I knit many a year ago, I've kept it for myself.
Here's a hat that started out as the first in a pair of legwarmers that I started while in college but forgot about for several years. I found the project in my stash bag, and ended up turning it into a cute hat for Wyatt instead, with a big cushy pompom! Too bad he wouldn't keep it on his head long enough for me to get a good shot of it on! (Socks and hats are his nemisis, he loves pulling them right off!)
And of course, the dreaded never-ending sweater... I began this sweater in either 2002 or 2003, I can't recall. It's a Yankee Knitters design that I altered, the motif originally was sheep, but I designed a schooner motif instead. The back, left front, and about 8 inches of the right front are done, but that's about it... It's a beautiful sweater, but I've just lost the motivation to finish it (at least at the moment). Maybe someday I'll suck it up and finish it! ;P

1 comment: