Monday, August 24, 2009

Doin' the Electric Slide!

The shed has power!!!!! Just finished wiring it, got all the plugs wired, got the main plug wired, and it all works!!! The power coming to it is just a regular outdoor extension cord coming through a window in the house to a regular outlet, so it is temporary power, but soon I'll buy some direct bury wire (the Romex we have isn't heavy duty enough) so we can run a 20amp line direct from our main breaker box in the house, bury it along the way to the shed (via the greenhouse so we have permanent power there too) and install a breaker box on the shed! But in the meantime, all the outlets work (but won't be able to pull too much power, not enough to run a space heater, for example, which is how I will be heating it in the winter), the lights work, yay! So next on the docket is insulation, it's ready to be insulated, I just don't quite know how yet... ;) It's not hard, I just don't know the tricks. Then after that, sheeting it, then doing something with the floor, and voila! She'll be ready for paint, then furnishings!!! :D I am SO excited!!!

Speaking of furnishings, Red and I talked about my plans for the desk cabinets that we will take out of the house to make room for a pantry closet, and in the process of that talk, also decided to remove the two little hanging cabinets in our laundry closet, AND the little annoying counter cubboard thing and cabinets in the teeny little 'hall' that currently serves as a not so effective linen closet (our plan there is to actually build a real linen closet, it's probably the most wasted ineffective space in the whole house!) so I will get a TON more built in furnishings in my shed than I had anticipated!!! WOOT!!! We won't remove all those things until later in the fall, I think we plan on doing at least the pantry closet sometime in the fall, but perhaps we'll make it a big project weekend or two and do that and the linen closet and some shelves in the laundry closet, all in one fell swoop! Until then, I have my sewing cabinet/table, and a folding 4' table that I'll use in the shed, they'll serve quite nicely until we take out the various cabinets in the house! SO EXCITED!!!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment