Saturday, August 1, 2009

Working on it!

Well, my website is kindof at a standstill as I make more inventory for the store. My hands, however, are certainly busy! I am currently making a cute crocheted boys hat out of fun variegated brown yarn, it'll be cute! I also got a set of Knifty Knitters knitting looms, and I have to say they are AWESOME! My reason for trying them out is because I have a bunch of really cool yarn that my mother in law got me, but it is nearly impossible to knit or crochet with because it has holes in it (hard to describe...). Fortunately, it is perfect on the loom! So my first loom project is a skinny scarf with this purple fuzzy yarn, it is turning out super cute! I'm glad I have two skeins of this color yarn, cause I'm definately going to make one for myself!



I have been unsuccessful at finding a flower press to buy, and though they are very easy to make I haven't had the time or the materials to make one yet. And still no further progress on my shed, but it will happen soon I hope! Our cherry tree is doing awesome, and the cherries are starting to ripen! The smaller trees we left uncovered (the big one has bird netting over it) have already ripened, and are being ravaged by the robins and chipmunks. They're much smaller and have a much smaller yeild than the big tree so I'm not too upset about it, plus since we displaced the robin's nest and made them lose their egg, I feel like we owe them this at least... We'll still get plenty off the big tree! I imagine we'll be able to pick in about a week! Yay! Ok, enough writing, back to the loom!

No comments:

Post a Comment