Tuesday, August 25, 2009

One (BIG) step closer!

The shed is now insulated!!! WOOT! And the VERY best part of it is I didn't have to do it! (And neither did Red!) Just as I was getting geared up to do it myself, he said he called a kid who has worked for him before and hired him to do it for me! WOOHOO!!! He is also the one who insulated Red's shop for him last fall (or was it this spring? Whenever it was it was cold... Which is pretty much any time of year except July here... LOL and :( ). I've never worked with fiberglass insulation, but I've had more than my fair share of working with fiberglass (namely sanding it, nothankyouverymuch), and it is very high on my list of things I hate... Red's too... Or at least my list of things I do my very best not to come in contact with... ;)




The next step from here will be sheeting it, with which I will definately need Red's help. I've never been very confident in my ability to make long cuts with a circular saw. I'd be ok if I broke out the tablesaw, but I'd rather have his help anyways, after all he is the carpenter! Not sure when we'll get to that, the weather has been pretty rainy the past two days and so he's been home from work (they're painting a house, can't paint in the rain!), but we also can't be out cutting plywood in the rain either... So we shall see! Either way, I am SUPER excited!!!!! :D

1 comment:

  1. You are quite talented. We need to touch up some paint on the front of the house and I have said that I would do it but really don't want to. It's not like it is that hard, I just don't want to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete