Sunday, May 16, 2010

...in which I show off more completed projects!

Not to sound braggy, but I'm pretty dang proud of the baby blanket I made my new niece, Lucy! Though it took what, four, five months? for me to finish it, it was at long last received yesterday by its new owner, and now I can show it off to the general public! :D

A funny story about the blanket, it took me three tries to get it right (thank goodness third time's a charm, cause the mistakes were getting old...), the best mistake of which was when instead of "Twinkle twinkle little star", I had inadvertently misspelled it as "Twinke twinkle", and didn't notice the mistake until AFTER it was embroidered... Whoops...

I finally finished my MITM needlepoint, which will find its home on the wall in my shed!

Two of three lap quilts I made, the top one for my brother and his family, the second one for my mother-in-law (the third unpictured quilt was given to my parents for Christmas, these two were *supposed* to be Christmas presents as well, but we all know how that turned out) ;)

Lately I've really been enjoying knitting on looms! It is SO quick and easy, and it's easier to work with funky chunky yarns that would be difficult to knit with regular needles. The green hat is one of two I made for my mother-in-law (who is undergoing chemo), the pink one for our friends' Ian and Gayle's new baby girl, Sydney!

And I am very proud of the VERY FIRST sweater I have ever actually completed!!! (I've started several... and, well...) This I also knit on looms, with crocheted button bands, also for baby Sydney! It is SO soft, and I love this chunky yarn, but unfortunately it does not like to stay knotted at the end of where it's been bound off, so I'm hoping it doesn't unravel any more than it did while I was working on it!

I think that's about it for my most recent projects! My work-in-project list is now happily crossed off, and now I can finally get to some new projects that have been waiting patiently for me to begin! :D

2 comments:

  1. The sweater and hat are adorable Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I just love Lucy's blanket and how good it looks! :)

    ReplyDelete