Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bad Blogger!

Whoops! Been a while! Last I wrote the shed was sheeted and partially puttied/caulked. Now it is completely caulked, puttied, primed, and painted, and is ready for the cabinets! The paint is a cheery warm sunny yellow, not too bright, almost creamy buttery, and it looks great! I don't have pictures at the moment but I will soon I'm sure. I just finished working on clearing out our big desk cabinet dealie (which was WAY full of all sorts of stuff) so that the next day Red doesn't have work, we will remove the cabinets and install them in my shed! We have to do some blocking up of a few of them to bring them all to counter height (36"), but it will give me space beneath them for some wooden drawers like the ones Red just built for his workbench in his shop. They'll be nice! We'll have a bit of a construction zone in the house after we remove the cabinets, cause it will likely be a little while before we have the extra cash and time to build the pantry and linen closets that will go in their places. We'll have a nice little stash of Pampers boxes added to our decor! But the end result of both the shed and the closets in the house will make a HUGE impact on our home and my general sanity!!! I can't wait!!!

I also can't wait for Christmas (though I still haven't started on making any presents so I kind of can wait...) because this year I'm getting a new sewing machine! Possibly even two!!! My old Singer is still quite functional, but it only has utilitarian stitches and doesn't have the stamina for heavy fabrics. I know I need one that can handle heavy duty fabrics (denim, cotton duck (think Carharrts), even leather), and I'd really like to have a good selection of decorative stitches as well as all the utilitarian stitches. But it's so hard to chose a machine! I have fallen in deep like with a number of combination embroidery/sewing machines that are computerized and can do SO much cool beautiful stuff... But they're expensive... And I'm not sure of the quality or reliability of the less expensive models... It's hard when you can't see them in person... I'd also like a serger, and those are surprisingly cheap for what they do (look at the seams on your jeans- those are serged seams). I'll still keep my Singer, but a new machine or two would breathe life back in my craftiness! :D

Anyways, I'm hoping to get the cabinets in the shed in the next two weeks or so (hopefully before Thanksgiving!) so I'll be sure to update as we go! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment